Video of the Wreck Site!
Blackbeard's Top TenWHEN HIS GHOST VISITS OCRACOKE, THESE ARE BLACKBEARD'S TOP 10 THINGS TO DO:
9. Take Rudy Austin's boat tour to Portsmouth Island and spend the day digging for clams, watching birds, hunting shells. ("Don't forget your bug spray," Blackbeard says).
8. Tour the Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit, then pillage the adjoining gift shop. ("Cool pirate stuff here," he says.)
7. Lunch on a crab cake sandwich at the Jolly Roger. Sit on the deck there to watch the boats pass through the marina.
6. Take a peek at Ocracoke Island's wild horses from a viewing stand on Highway 12, north of the village.
5. Visit the Ocracoke Lighthouse, North Carolina's oldest operational ocean beacon.
4. Take a pre-dinner sail past Teach's Hole and Springer Point on the Windfall a pirate ship replica docked in Silver Lake.
3. Have a relaxing dinner at the Back Porch Restaurant. ("For starters, try the tuna carpaccio or crab beignets," he says.)
2. Enjoy live music at Howard's Pub and Raw Bar.
Posted by The Depot and News & Record Online
© Copyright 1997